Monday, June 18, 2012

Big wheels

Ron, Mom and I headed back to Stan Hwyet  to see the 55th Annual Antique Car Show. That means for the first show, cars of 1957 were brand new!!! The red spoke beauty above was new in 1912.
 As I am interested in getting a camper, I looked at the VW Westfalia and liked it!! Of course, the VW Camper was my hippie dream mobile in 1972 and at one time, I considered leaving h.s. and heading west with some friends. Probably a good thing that fell through....
A
The car above is of the exact vintage that my Great Aunt Alberta (age 101) and her 4 sisters traveled to the Yellowstone from Iowa. Alberta still talks about these annual trips. Apparently, every year,my Great Grandfather would buy a new car and take his girls to see the sights of the wild west.

I have ideas of heading west with Kate and Paulie and seeking out fiber festivals after I retire. Although, cool vintage campers are also on my dream list: www.sistersonthefly.com 

1 comment: