Tuesday, October 30, 2012

To animal lovers everywhere

There is nothing else in the world like the bond you can experience with a animal. In my experience, that would be dogs! Loss is the price you pay at the end of the day. Each time a death occurs, I say I think this is just too, too much. Then I think of each silly, fun, and sweet thing I enjoyed and I realize I would not, could not, have it any other way.The loss is just part of the love.

Lou was extra special. OK, I say that about all our dogs,  but those of you who knew him know that that it is true. First of all, he was the best cuddle-er of all time. He has been my sleeping and napping partner for the past four years. Spooning in hot weather and cold weather, every single night. A comfort when I am sad or happy or just sleepy. Any spot would do. Couch or bed or the floor.
Secondly, he was a great ball of fire with Kate. Those two could rip around the yard at full steam and then hit the couch for a nap of epic proportions. I would never have expected those two to be best buddies, but they were absolutely were true blue.
Thirdly, Louie was very cooperative. Wear a silly hat? Sure, Hang out on the chair in my dressing room while I put on my makeup, of course. Head to the Library and schmooze everyone? You bet! Take a walk in the rain, love it! Be nice to the new kitty, yep.

Share bones and toys and treats and walks and beds and anything and everything with Kate, of course!

So, I'll miss you, Louie, more than you can imagine. And my next walk will be with you in my mind. Thanks for being such a beautiful being in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment